Strigo is transforming how B2B software companies train their customers. We empower businesses to scale operations and drive growth by delivering a superior, hands-on training experience for every format of training- instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, on-demand, and via 3rd parties.
Strigo’s Customer Training Cloud, the industry’s first platform to provide a unified training experience across modalities, improves customer satisfaction and retention by providing hands-on instruction in the format that best fits their needs so that they derive maximum value from their solutions throughout the customer lifecycle.
Leading software companies like VMWare, Elastic, Sage, and MongoDB train with Strigo. Since our founding in 2017, more than 70,000 trainees have logged over 3 million hours on Strigo’s Customer Training Cloud. https://strigo.io
About Our Culture
Strigo is a rapidly growing venture-backed technology company. We have a passion for technology and believe in using it to position our customers for success. We strive to continuously improve our software and take responsibility for the quality of our work. We also believe in open, transparent, and direct communication, and feel strongly about diversity, inclusivity, and transparency within our teams. Our goal is to build trust with each other and our customers and turn them into vocal fans.
About The Opportunity and Team
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join us in developing the best software training platform out there while building a strong engineering team, foundation and brand; owning significant strategic aspects of our workflows and our system, and helping us navigate the delivery of business value between quality and velocity.
You will be reporting to our VP Engineering with an equal opportunity to advance to either technical leadership or managerial roles as we grow.
About the Role
While you’ll contribute to our product from the get-go, we expect your first several months on the job to mostly revolve around onboarding, getting familiarized with our codebase, and shadowing on-call.
- You’ll deliver a high-quality working product, tested, monitored, and built for scale. We aspire to do meaningful work that provides business value and believe that the best way to achieve that is by hiring generalists, i.e. people who have the state of mind of owning solutions end-to-end. From working with our product team to define product values and directly supporting our customers, provisioning and maintaining infrastructure, through writing business logic, to UI, and all post-production operational work required to keep things running smoothly. Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation is, therefore, a must.
- You’ll take ownership of different aspects of engineering, as per our AoRs model. We believe that assigning ownership, regardless of hierarchy, will create an organization where everyone is doing significant work, developing their self-management skills, and generating deep expertise. You will work to provide both strategy and tactics for advancing your areas of responsibility.
- You’ll help with hiring the right team members for your team, so that Strigo Engineering remains a highly professional bunch.
- You’ll work closely with the VP Engineering to build the best engineering organization there can be. We know that an engineering organization is complex. You will be expected to consistently provide your insight into how our organization is functioning so that we can make better decisions.
- You’ll help build our engineering brand by actively participating in creating a name for our team so that people know what “Strigo Engineering” is. Blog posts, conferences, and meetups are some of the tools we will use together to build that brand.
You should apply if:
- You have a lot of professional experience writing code, preferably developing distributed, web-facing systems.
- You’re experienced with working with databases such as MongoDB or PostgresSQL.
- You have experience with managing software in a live production environment. You have the required mindset for testing, deploying, and monitoring your work, and have an idea about debugging a problem if you spot one.
- We use Ubuntu as our base across the board and expect you to have experience with *nix-based systems that allows you to be effective in navigating the OS.
- You’re fluent in written and spoken English.
These will help you stand out:
- You have experience with operational aspects of software (observability, scheduling, and working with cloud providers, and more specifically with AWS).
- You’ve worked in teams in a startup environment.
- Experience working remotely.
Who we hire
Strigo Engineering hires people who require minimal supervision, who default to helping others succeed, who can communicate requirements and problems eloquently, and who continuously attempt to improve, well.. everything. We don’t tolerate disrespect and blame (except for the sarcastic limerick once in a while), and are looking for people who prioritize customer value over technocracy. We only feel comfortable with people who feel they always have something to learn.
If you feel there may be a fit, we look forward to hearing from you at firstname.lastname@example.org