Elastic Scales Customer Education & Grows its Business
Elastic is a search company. It builds tools that enable customers to collect vast amounts of data, process that data, and then store it at scale in Elastic search. It also offers data analytics tools to help companies crunch their data and grow their businesses.
- Elastic is an Enterprise search technology provider that was looking for an effective virtual training tool
- Strigo’s unified solution enabled Elastic to grow and improve its training program, while improving operational and technical efficiencies
- Elastic is seeing more customer training subscriptions, more license renewals, and increased customer satisfaction
In search of a scalable training tool that would turn users into experts
As a core framework for Enterprise search technologies, Elastic can only be as powerful as its users are. Through training, Elastic empowers its customers – developers – to learn all of the different use cases of the product before applying them in their own real-world environments. As Nathan Zamecnik, Director of Education at Elastic, says: “Developers want to get their hands dirty. They want to go in there and play with things.”
Travel, time zones, and technical complexities
Elastic was investing a lot of time and money in face-to-face training, but they couldn’t keep up with customer demand. With customers across six continents, Elastic needed the infrastructure to deliver around-the-clock availability and reliability. They needed a virtual environment that would accommodate different customer training preferences, provide individualized attention, and prevent technical mishaps for the best virtual lab experience.
One training environment for all customer needs
Strigo’s virtual training platform enables Elastic to create the best hands-on training experience and to deliver it at scale:
- Strigo’s roadmap provides ongoing new feature releases
- The platform allows for fast and easy training set-up
- The training environment supports 24/7 labs, so customers always have access
- Elastic customers easily enter the learning environment through their web browser, without any software installations
- Virtual machines are automated in the platform, so there’s no time wasted with downloads or troubleshooting
- Strigo’s pay-as-you-go pricing model allows Elastic to continually test out new services and training options
- The infrastructure is reliable and integrates with the existing LMS
Accessing the market’s best education subscription experience
Customer satisfaction surveys show that virtual training is in fact rated higher than in-person training. Trainees can choose from three education subscription packages, per their individual needs and budget.
Customers also report having a better experience with the brand and greater confidence in using the product.
Increased business, increased growth
The company has succeeded in growing its training operation to meet growing customer demand, with an increase in training subscriptions and product license renewals.
Training management automation with Strigo means that more training can be administered, delivered and implemented without taking away from Elastic’s focus on training or product development. This enables the company to deliver an outstanding training experience, leading to greater customer success and more business growth for Elastic.