We may collect and store Personal Data from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users use or otherwise interact with the Company Products, e.g. when Users visit the Site, register on the Site, etc. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card, paypal information. Users may, however, visit the Site anonymously. We will collect Personal Data from Users only if they voluntarily submit such Personal Data to us. Users can always refuse to supply Personal Data, except that it may prevent them from using certain Company Products.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
In addition to the above, Strigo may collect and receive the following information ("Other Information"):
- We may collect other information about Users whenever they interact with the Site (e.g.messages, pictures, edits to messages and other files).
- Other information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to the Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Event setup information – when a Team Member invites Participants to an Event, we collect an email address of each Participant and the Participants’ names.
- Services usage information – this is information about the channels, people, features, content and links Users interact with and what third party integrations Users use (if any).
- With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected (such as an address book from a device) when using the Company Products.
- We may collect information about the device you are using the services available through the Site on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, etc.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile device is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Personal Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Event setup details, is not provided, you may not be able to use (or partially not be able to use) the Company Products.
Processing of Information
We will only process your Information if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful basis for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as the Agreements that allow us to provide you with the Company Products) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. other Users) such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating the Company Products and our business.
- Better understanding your needs and interests and improving customer service.
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Company Products.
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties.
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with Users, enforcing our agreements.
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.
We process Information for purposes such as:
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of the Company Products.
- To keep you up to date on the latest software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information.
- To provide support and assistance for the Company Products.
- To provide the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users.
- To support recruitment inquiries.
- To personalize marketing communications and Site content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To meet contract or legal obligations.
Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your service account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Strigo's practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identifying the Data Controller and Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Personal Data and Strigo is the processor of Personal Data and the controller of Other Information. Customer may, for example, use the Company Products to grant and remove access of Participants to an Event, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Personal Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Company Products.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Protect Your Information
Strigo is committed to protecting Information you share with us. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Other Information you provide. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Strigo cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Sharing and Disclosing Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise assign Users Personal Data to others. Strigo will solely share and disclose Personal Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Agreements and Customer's use of Company Products functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
We may share Other Information with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage.
We also share Other Information with business partners, service vendors and/or authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide requested Company Products or transactions, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, providing customer support, etc. We provide these third parties with Other Information to complete/utilize the requested Company Products or transaction.
In the event that Strigo engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Strigo’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. We also collect and possibly share Information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of contracts, or as otherwise required by law.
Customer may enable or permit Team Members to enable Third Party Services. When enabled, Strigo may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Strigo and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on the Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to the Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.