Strigo is looking for software engineers to join us in developing the best software training platform out there. You will be reporting to the VP Engineering with an equal opportunity to advance to either technical leadership or managerial roles as we grow.
A bit about StrigoStrigo is a platform that allows businesses to deliver training (Live, or eLearning) to engage their customers.
- We offer training environments that include a communication layer (video, audio, chat), content management (presentations, whiteboard, code snippets) and collaboration capabilities for hands-on troubleshooting. We also provide hands-on labs (like terminal, RDP or web interfaces in the browser) for students to use when learning.
- Our strategy is to work towards providing a streamlined, integrated platform, which will provide a deep analysis of training effectiveness and efficiency.
- We’re trusted by leading global organizations like Docker, Elastic and VMWare, who use our platform to train on their software.
About the job and the workWe want to build a team that delivers business value end-to-end. This means that we don’t intend to build Ops and QA teams, and intend to bring only the best talent out there.
Your role with us will be:
- To deliver a high-quality working product, tested, KPI-based and built for scale. We aspire to do meaningful work that provides business value and believe that the best way to achieve that is by hiring generalists, i.e. people who have the state of mind of owning solutions end-to-end. From working with our product team to define product values and directly supporting our customers, provisioning and maintaining infrastructure, through writing business logic, to UI, and all post-production operational work required to keep things running smoothly. Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation is, therefore, a must.
- To take ownership of different aspects of engineering, as per our AoRs model. We believe that assigning ownership on the highest level, regardless of hierarchy, will create an organization where everyone is doing significant work, developing their self-management skills and generating deep expertise. You will work to provide both strategy and tactics for advancing your areas of responsibility.
- To work closely with the VP Engineering to build the best engineering org there can be. We know that an engineering organization is complex and requires that we create processes, and methodologies around delivering software, managing people, optimizing effectiveness and efficiency and preventing burnout. You will be expected to consistently provide your insight into how our organization is functioning so that we can optimize decisions.
- To build our engineering brand by actively participating in creating a name for our team so that people know what “Strigo Engineering” is. Blog posts, conferences, and meetups are some of the tools we will use together to build that brand.
- Familiarity with Linux (No one REALLY knows Linux but Linus.)
- Experience writing code professionally, in whichever language (sorry, Bash and awk don't count.)
- Experience working with data stores (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc..)
- Experience working in a production environment.
And might also have:
- Experience with developing web applications.
- Experience with operational aspects of software (monitoring, scheduling, performance tuning, working with cloud providers).
- Experience with small startup environments.
You are someone who:
- Treats others respectfully.
- Chases value and customer satisfaction, not technocracy.
- Requires minimal hand-holding but knows when asking for help is productive.
- Can communicate requirements and problems eloquently, while raising the necessary flags and avoiding blame.
- Defaults to helping others succeed.
- Believes you have a lot to learn, always.
- Continuously attempts to improve everything.